The Nail Art:
I had so much fun with these and they were so simple to create!
Here is what you will need:
View the video tutorial here.
- I started by applying 2 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White and allowed it to dry.
- I then cut a small piece of a make-up sponge (or feel free to use a cotton swab) and dipped it into some Salon Perfect Carbon-Copy and randomly dabbed it all over my nails.
- Next, I dabbed on a bit of Salon Perfect Nail Lac Haze in a small area of the nail and added a bit more of the light grey and some white. I continue to blend the colors, adding more as I went,
- After sponging on the colors I applied a layer of matte top coat, and gave it a minute or 2 to dry (but not all of the way).
- Next with a dotting tool (or an end of a bobby pin) I lightly patted random areas of the nails with the end to create little craters/indents. This will give dimension to the design and make it look more realistic.
- Finally I just let the my nails dry fully and I was feeling out of this world. lol
Sinful Colors – Snow Me White
Salon Perfect – Carbon Copy
Salon Perfect – Nail Lac Haze
Wet n Wild Matte Top Coat
Hello ladies! I am excited to announce that today is my 1 year blog anniversary!! I have had a lot of fun learning and growing on here and I hope to keep it up for more years to come. 😛 I never really knew what to expect out of this blog, as I had started it more as a way to keep track of my designs for myself and anyone else who would be interested. Though, I have still picked up a few followers along the way, and some of you have even been following me since day 1. Like WonderfulWolf, whom was my very first follower (and supporter) and made me feel so welcomed. We still follow each other today! 🙂 I just want to let you know that I really appreciate the support from all of you, so thank you! ❤
In light of this small personal achievement I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and share my very first blog post ever. You can also see the original here if you would like.
Hi guys. I just want to inform you that I have made a change in my posting schedule. I originally made it a goal to post a nail design every other day, I kept true to that but it has since became more overwhelming than I expected (and sometimes confusing to follow). My new posting goal is going to be every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: starting Monday tomorrow. The difference may not even be noticeable, I think its only 1 day less than before, but it is a more organized schedule and it does allow me some time off in between weeks. I hope everyone is okay with this, I will not disappoint! 🙂
I am happy to say I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award all thanks to Must Love Nails :). I am brand new to this site and It feels really nice to know people enjoy my posts and that I am supported by fellow bloggers <3. So thanks again!
The official rules for this are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I have only been around since January this year and I haven’t found as many blogs as was hoping to (yet). It has been by chance that I found the blogs I did but I love all the blogs I have found even though that is only like 4 lol. But thanks to these other blogs I am slowly finding more wonderful blogs through them, and that’s a good thing! I can’t wait to have a nice long list of amazing bloggers, as for now here is my list of nominees:
And for Must Love Nails and anyone else who is interested :p. Here are 7 things about me:
- I never know what to say about myself. lol
- I am currently 22 years old
- I have been doing nail art since 2009 and always wanted to show my work but kept pushing it off or getting scared to put it online. Well I finally decided it was time to just do it, and here I am! Wish I would have done this a long time ago haha
- I have 4 beautiful dogs that I love like children. I will have to upload some pictures of them one of these days. 😉
- My top 3 favorite things (minus family, friends etc.) are: Nail art, Psychology, and Interior design!!
- I just love crafts and being creative in general lol
- My favorite colors are turquoise and black.
- Since number 1 didn’t really count haha: I have an obsession with anything and everything damask.