A while back I had a done a few manicures where I wish I had specific colored studs like black or red etc. but since I didn’t have those, I would just end up using whatever I did have. If this also happens to you and you don’t want to spend the extra money to buy pre-colored studs, then this technique will come in handy. Just in case you were not aware of this technique yet; here is my version! 🙂
- The first (and most obvious :p) step is to pick the studs you want to recolor.
- Next pick whichever nail polish you would like to use. You can also use acrylic paint, sharpies, or even spray paint if you want to be daring or make a large batch.
- You will then want to place the studs onto either a piece of plastic, aluminum foil, a piece of tape, or similar surface (something you can easily remove the studs from).
- Proceed to paint the studs until desired opaqueness/effect is reached
- While the studs are still wet I like to slide them using an orange wood stick (or tweezers) to a clean piece of the plastic. This helps you remove the studs easier when they are dry and it helps give them a cleaner edge.
- When the studs have dried just secure them to your design, and you are done!
This is a really great way to save money and get custom colored studs that coordinate with any manicure.The colors I used in this tutorial were NYC City Sweets Pink and Wet n Wild Chrome Stay Outta My Bismuth.
ps..sorry for the crappy pictures lol, I have had such a busy weekend and I rushed to get this finished in time 😮